ECM Classika PID Espresso Machine
The atmosphere of an Italian espresso bar at homemade for the smallest of kitchens. The ECM Classika PID is perfect for small spaces considering it is a single-boiler machine. It satisfies the highest demands, perfect espresso preparation, and absolute espresso pleasure. Further review this timeless, elegant classic in clear, stainless steel design.
Single boiler system:
- Stainless steel boiler – The boiler is made of stainless steel which is less susceptible to limescale. Typically stainless steel boilers do not retain their heat as well as copper or brass boilers. This machine compensates that by being wrapped with insulation.
- Short heat-up time – Approximately 20 minutes which is faster when comparing to a heat exchange system.
- Constantly heated – Hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back to keep the grouphead and your portafilter nice and hot. This keeps the grouphead at a constant, stable temperature compared to other groupheads that have a built-in heating element.
- Pre-infusion – The lever next to the grouphead activates a microswitch which turns on the pump to pump water through the coffee grinds. When you pull the lever half way up, it will open the valve to allow water into the grouphead without activating the pump.
PID controls / pressure gauge:
- PID temperature programming – Allows you to program the boiler temperature for different coffee blends.
- Pressure gauge – Measures pump/brew pressure (0 – 16 bar) and should only be looked at while extracting espresso or adjusting the OPV with a blind filter in the portafilter inserted into the grouphead. This gauge has no meaning at any other time.
- Efficient – 41 watts, rated up to 15 bar with air valve bypass. You only need 9 bar to extract perfect espresso, and wattage has no correlation to longevity.
- Cost-effective – Pumps will degrade in performance over time. Replacing a vibration pump will cost less than a rotary vane pump.
Steam / hot water wand:
- Rotational knob – Allows for easier control of the intensity.
- Multi-directional – Allows for more movement and flexibility
- 2-hole steam tip – Allows for a slow gradual build-up of microfoam.
- The grip on the wand protects your fingers from heat while the full-size steam wand allows greater steam power over a no-burn wand.